Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SOS08 - cast on 2nd pair

No, I didn't finish my first pair, but I decided to cast on a 2nd pair last night for a little variety. The Brigit socks are getting a bit tedious. So, I thought I'd cast on some Panda Cotton in the "Fall Herbs" colorway on nice "big" US 3 needles and an easy "don't have to think" pattern. I chose the Slipped-Stitch Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. This is the same pattern I used on my first Panda Cotton socks in the blue "Faded Jeans" colorway.

Here is what I knit last night with Fall Herbs:
The colors seem to be pooling a bit into diagonal stripes, but the slipped stitches in the body of the sock should help to break that up a bit. Also, the striping is much more noticeable in the picture than in person. I love the variety of colors in this yarn. There's different shades of green, a dark blue/teal color which I love, a dark purple/cranberry sort of color and a brown/rust kind of color. These socks should be an easy knit.

I have made some progress on the Brigit socks since my last blog post. I decided to continue the ribbing pattern on the top of the foot, but without all the cable twists. Just to give it a little interest as opposed to plain stockinette:
I still have a few more decrease rounds and then it will just be working the length of the foot. Oh yeah, and then there's a whole other sock to knit... Well, it is the Summer of Socks!!!

I did decide to assemble the cable purse on Monday night. It just needs a button to close the flap and the fabric lining:
I like the way it turned out. I will post another picture when it is completely finished.

Well, I need to update my projects on Ravelry and then off to knit some more!

No comments: