Sunday, June 8, 2008

One down, one to go!

The first monkey sock is FINALLY complete! I don't know why this sock took me so long. So many others on Ravelry or blogs say that the Monkey pattern is a super-quick knit for them. It did work up pretty fast the first time I started it, but then I had to rip it out and re-start it on smaller needles. I think that's what stalled me. I set it aside for a couple months and worked on other projects. But, even when I picked it back up and worked on it exclusively, it still took me about 2 and a half weeks to finish it! And, I knit the no-purl version which is supposed to be even faster! (I guess it doesn't help that I have also been doing a lot of planning, swatching and practice cast-ons for the Summer of Socks!)

The sock is a great fit though, so I am glad I knit it on the size 0 dpns:
I tried taking some close-up pictures to show off the pattern better:

Also, I keep forgetting to mention it, but you can always click on any of the pictures in my blog to see a larger version. (Or, as the yarn harlot likes to say "click to embiggen".)

So, now I have to decide... do I cast on for the 2nd Monkey sock and set a goal of finishing it by June 20th (pre-Summer of Socks)??? That would give me just under 2 weeks if I start today, which is entirely possible. Or, will I just leave the single sock to sit until after Summer of Socks (hello, alliteration!!).

Whatever I do, I'll keep you posted! I just may have to pick up a non-sock project, so that I can start fresh with socks on June 21st! Maybe, I'll even crochet something!! Who knows!

No comments: