Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A break from socks

I thought I'd take a little break from socks and knit something different, so Monday night, I cast on a "doily style dishcloth":
I worked on it some more last night and it is almost finished. Just 3 more rounds to go. I love this pattern. I think it appeals to the logical, mathematical part of my brain. But then it turns out so pretty! The funny thing is, the first time I ever knit this pattern I was using the pattern printed on the yarn label, and I didn't even know what it was going to look like when it was done. I was shocked at how pretty it was when I cast off!

I think my next project will be a small purse with cables that was on my knitting calendar last week. I fell in love with the pattern and even ordered the recommended yarn and it arrived today:
It is Frog Tree Pima Silk - 85% Pima Cotton; 15% Silk

After this, I should be ready to begin Summer of Socks!! Only 10 days away now!

No comments: