Saturday, August 2, 2008

new yarn

I placed my first order from knitpicks.com. I needed some worsted weight yarn for the fair isle class that I'll be taking at Knitters' Day Out (KDO) next month. As preparation for the class, we need to start knitting a fair isle hat pattern in a main color and then bring 3 other colors of yarn to design the fair isle pattern. So, I needed to buy 4 colors of yarn for this class. Well, I couldn't quite decide what colors would go together so I bought 6 colors of the "Shine Worsted" yarn:
Shine Worsted is 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal natural beech wood fiber

And then, I wasn't sure if I'd like the Shine Worsted, so I thought I'd also try the "Comfy" yarn:
Comfy is 75% Pima Cotton, 25% Acrylic

I also needed Sport Weight yarn for the Knitting with Beads class that I'm taking at KDO, so I bought one skein of Shine Sport:

And, of course, I had to try their Risata sock yarn (as if I need more sock yarn!), but since I was ordering yarn from Knit Picks anyway...
Risata yarn is 42% Cotton, 39% Superwash Merino Wool, 13% Polyamide, 6% Elite Elastic

So, I am officially going on a yarn fast now. I am well stocked up for quite awhile!! But, it will be fun to work on some worsted weight projects once the Summer of Socks is over.

I am making progress on the 2nd Magic Loop sock. I finished the leg today and knitted most of the heel flap. I expect to turn the heel, pick up stitches and start the gusset decreases tomorrow.



No comments: