Thursday, August 7, 2008

Finishitis!

Wow, after finishing my Magic Loop socks last night, I decided to finally finish up my blue cabled purse. I just had to sew in a lining and sew on a button!

Ta-da!
Of course, Loopy had to check out my latest FO (finished object).

Here's a close-up of the button. I found it at Wal-mart and actually got two of them for less than $2 - what a deal!

Here's a better look at the inner lining:

And a picture of the completed purse:
I think this is an FO that I will actually use!

I lucked out and found this perfect piece of fabric in my fabric stash. The pattern called for a piece of fabric that was 7 1/2 inches by 20 inches. This piece was about 7 1/4 X 21!! I used 1/4" seam allowance instead of 1/2" to compensate and it worked out beautifully.

This was a really fun project!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love the purse, Cathy! You are so crafty!