Wednesday, August 13, 2008

updates

Here is a photo of the first completed fingerless mitt for my Dad.

I'm debating about whether or not I should just knit the second one or have him try this on first. (I'm also busy knitting the Maizy socks!)

Speaking of which, here is the first completed Maizy sock:
I hope it fits my mom! If not, it seems to fit me pretty well. ;-) But, the Maizy yarn is nice and stretchy, so I'm sure it will be fine. I cast on the 2nd one last night, but only knit a couple rounds of the ribbing. Hopefully more progress on that tonight!

Here's a close-up of the toe section:
And in case anyone is interested, here is a pic of the gigantic marigold by my front porch that grew from a seed:
Yes, that is ONE plant. I don't think I've ever seen a marigold quite that gigantic before, and as you can see there are still quite a few more blooms getting ready to burst into flowers. If it gets much bigger, it's going to start knocking on our front door! Ha, Ha.

No comments: