Friday, August 22, 2008

Done!

I finished the Maizy socks tonight! Woo-hoo! I am happy with how they turned out.

With that, I think I am also done with Summer of Socks 2008. I am ready to move on to some non-sock projects, and I doubt I could finish another pair by September 1st anyway. I signed up for this KAL back in May and thought I'd look back at my blog post of when I outlined some goals for myself here.

My goal was to knit 8 pairs, and I knew this was pretty ambitious. That was also under the assumption that I would knit a few pairs using worsted weight yarn. I ended up completing 5 pairs, only one of which was worsted weight. Two of the pairs were on US 1 needles and really slowed me down, especially the Brigits!! But, I am happy with all 5 pairs I completed, so that is good!

I did not end up knitting with the Tofutsies yarn, so that is still in my stash (in two colors!)

I did not attempt the Mosaic pattern, although I do plan on doing that one of these days!

I DID knit a textured pattern with the Periwinkle Panda Cotton (the Brigits) and I started SOS08 off with that which was pretty ambitious. If it wasn't for SOS08, I may not have stuck to it and finished that pair, so I'm glad I did!

I did not learn to knit toe-up socks, but I did learn the Magic Loop method! Yay - new technique! And, I plan on signing up for a toe-up class in November.

I certainly increased my sock yarn stash, so I'll be able to knit lots of socks over the upcoming years!!

Overall, I had fun participating in SOS08 and it was great to see all the socks that everyone knit posted on Ravelry. Gave me more inspiration of patterns I want to try!

Next project... knit the 2nd fingerless mitt!!

No comments: