Saturday, August 30, 2008

new projects

When I saw this cute project on Lime & Violet's Daily Chum blog, I knew I had to try knitting it! It's "Sunshine in My Pocket" from So Knitpicky's blog. So, I cast on last night using Lion Brand Microspun yarn. 128 stitches on US 1 dpns - yikes! I think it would have been easier using Magic Loop but I don't have US 1 circulars yet! It's amazing that with all the knitting needles I own, there's still more that I'd like to buy. The first round was really tricky, but I got through it and knit the second round. I'm hoping the remaining rounds get easier! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I don't think I would walk around with it in my jeans pocket, but I think it would look cute on my shelf at work!

I also did a small swatch for a shawl that I will be knitting for my mom:
It's just a basic garter stitch pattern (knit every row, back and forth) with increases on either end to form a triangle shawl. It was tricky to photograph! I'm using Black Caron Simply Soft yarn because she wants it to be machine washable.

So, those are the projects I'll be working on this weekend! Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

Kristin Lynch said...

That bottom photo looked like a thong. ;)