Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sunshine!

I finished my knit sunshine!
I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was more challenging than I thought it would be, but the pattern was very well written and I love that there were no seams to sew up at the end! I used Lion Brand Microspun yarn that I had on hand. I plan on hanging this by my desk at work.

I forgot to stitch the smile onto it before I knit the back, so I ended up with a small black knot on the bag where I had to secure the yarn:
If I had followed the pattern as written, I should have stitched the sunglasses AND the smile on the front BEFORE knitting the back and the knot would have been hidden inside. Oh well!

Here's a close-up of the sun-rays:
All those increases and decreases were a pain to knit with this yarn on the tiny needles, but I LOVE how it turned out in the end!! And it was only 7 rounds (3 of which where all knit stitch) so it wasn't too bad.

All in all, it was a fun little weekend project! Now, I just need to decide what to knit next. I still have that 2nd "monkey" sock to knit... I think I'll do a few more easy, quick projects before I tackle that!

No comments: