Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Socktoberfest and a Mystery Sock KAL

Well, I think the fair isle sweater vest is going on the back burner for a bit longer. I swatched on my US 7 circulars and the fabric seemed too loose, so I think I need to try US6 circulars which I don't have. I am considering buying the Knit Picks Interchangeable set of circulars, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

So, I was browsing on Ravelry and came across a post about a Mystery Sock KAL (knitalong)! This sounded exciting so I signed up. I have never done a mystery KAL before, but a sock one sounds perfect. Basically, a mystery KAL is where some posts a bit of a pattern and you knit it and then you get the next part of the pattern and so on. (Bad explantion, but I've never done one before, so that's my basic understanding!) Long story, short... the finished item is a surprise!

The first part of the sock pattern was posted today and I think I may cast on tonight with some Panda Cotton from the stash! She recommends a solid color yarn. This KAL is in a Ravelry group for fans of Through the Loops which I believe is a designer and a blog. I will have to check it out! If you want to check out the Mystery KAL, it's on Ravelry here. It's called the TTL Socktoberfest Mystery Sock KAL. I also joined the Socktoberfest group on Ravelry which is a laid back sock knitalong for the month of October!

And now I have a project to use for my participation in the Carefree or not Holiday KAL!!

So, I'm off to cast on a new Mystery pair of socks!! Hooray!

No comments: