Monday, October 13, 2008

Clue # 2 and Illusion Knitting

I finished clue #2 of the Mystery sock. On the first sock anyway... I chose the cable pattern and the leg of the first sock is complete. Check it out:
It's such a cool pattern! Sorry I don't have better pictures of it; the lighting wasn't great. Here's a close-up of the cable section:
I think it's a really cool pattern so far. Can't wait to see what comes next! Clue # 3 will be revealed on Wednesday!!

I also started a dishcloth using an Illusion Knitting pattern. I've always wanted to try this technique ever since I saw an episode of Knitty Gritty where they were knitting scarves using illusion knitting. You use two high contrast yarn colors and knit two rows of each color while following a pattern of knits and purls. When you look at the knitting straight on, it appears to just be striped:
But, when you look at it at an angle, a picture emerges. Now, I'm just at the beginning so you can't see much yet... but here's a picture from an angle:
Those green stripes at the top in the center are the bottom of the Christmas tree! It doesn't look like much now, but just wait until I finish the dishcloth... :-)

No comments: