Monday, October 6, 2008

Bee Stitch Dishcloth

I want to knit a bunch of dishcloths this year for Christmas gifts and as part of the Carefree Holiday KAL. I searched Ravelry yesterday and printed out some new patterns.

I cast on the Bee Stitch Cloth yesterday and it is a fun, easy yet interesting pattern. I love the way it's turning out and it should make a nicely textured dishcloth. I am knitting it on my 16" US 7 KnitPicks circulars that I bought for hat knitting and it is working great! I'm really liking it better than working on straight needles. I guess it's just a matter of having the right circulars with nice, smooth joins.

I went to take a progress photo, and of course Mr. Shelby had to jump up and investigate:
And then pose for a picture:
Oh sure, act like you're not even interested in my knitting:
Here's a close-up pic with the flash:
and without:
The colors are more accurate in the picture with the flash, but you can see the stitches a bit more without the flash. Click on any of the pics to see a larger version.

And as for Shelby... he's sleeping by my feet now.

No comments: