Wednesday, July 2, 2008

10,162 stitches

I finally finished the first Brigit sock last night! Hooray!
I just had to know how many stitches this sock was because it felt like it took me FOREVER to knit it. So, I did some quick math and calculated 10,162 stitches. Wow! It's not an exact stitch count, but it's close. Now, I need to knit approximately 10,162 more stitches to have a completed pair of socks to enter in SOS08! I can do this!

I also finished my first Fall Herbs sock:
This is a fun, quick knit to give me a break from the Brigit sock. Although I am looking forward to trying the Brigit cables again with the knowledge I learned from the first sock. Hopefully it will go quicker!

Some close-ups of the Fall Herbs sock... pretty...
I received my confirmation for Knitters' Day Out this week (otherwise known as KDO because we knitters love to abbreviate whenever possible)!! I got into my first choice classes. This will be my first time attending KDO. I will be taking "Introduction to Fair Isle Knitting" on Saturday morning and "Knitting with Beads" on Saturday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to this; it should be a lot of fun! My non-knitting friend is going with me and taking a "Beginning Knitting" class during both Saturday sessions. We will probably also go up Friday night to check out the knitter's market. This isn't until September, so it seems like a long way off now. Although with the way this year is flying by, it will be here before I know it! I need to make sure I knit my caps (a donation to Caps for Kids is part of the registration fee) and do my prep work for the Fair Isle class.

But, I will actually be taking my first ever knitting class starting next week! Up until now, I have been pretty much self-taught, but I have signed up for a Magic Loop sock class at yarn-love. It's a four-week class and I'm really looking forward to it. I hope I like the Magic Loop technique. Up until now I've been a die-hard dpn sock knitter. But, I'm interested in trying this new technique. That's one thing I love about knitting: there's always something new to try and learn!!

That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes that I recently saw on the Modern Yarn website:

"Be afraid of skydiving. Be afraid of wild boar. Be fearless with knitting." - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

No comments: