Saturday, July 19, 2008

Magic Loopy

Loopy wanted to model the Magic Loop technique. It's pretty cool! As you can see, I am just about done with the leg. I think it's about 6" long now. I usually don't make very long sock legs, but it seems that I have plenty of yarn with the Panda Wool, so I may be able to make these 7" legs.

I'm really enjoying the Magic Loop techinque! Here's a close-up of the Panda Wool:
If you click on it to make the picture bigger, you may be able to see the variations in the yarn. There's a lighter shade of pink and a darker shade twisted together. It's so pretty!

I didn't take a picture of the Brigit sock, but I did finish the gusset decreases last night, so now it's just round and round on the foot until I get to the toe section. I hope to make progress on that this weekend because I won't start the heel of the Magic Loop sock until my next class!

Of course, I could always cast on ANOTHER pair of socks so that I can prolong the Brigit socks even longer! It's just those tiny stitches and the bamboo needles... too delicate for me! But I will persevere!!

No comments: