Monday, July 21, 2008

Easy socks

After finishing the Brigits, I just had to cast on a quick pair of worsted weight socks using the basic sock recipe from Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

I'm using Oxford Grey Lion Brand Wool-Ease that I had left over from another project and US 7 dpns:
I'm going to do K2, P2 ribbing down the whole leg and perhaps on the top of the foot. These socks will be a birthday gift for my Dad. I made a couple pairs for him last winter using this same yarn in a different colorway and he liked them. I think he just wears them to bed and not with shoes; they're probably too thick. He may be able to wear them with slippers around the house too.

Anyway, they will be a fast knit for SOS08 and I'm sure he'll be happy with a new pair. If I have enough yarn, I also plan to knit him a pair of matching fingerless gloves to wear in the house in the winter because his hands get cold. I'm not sure if he'll wear them, but it's worth a try and I found a good pattern to use. But, that will be AFTER Summer of Socks!

No comments: