Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sock yarn stash

Here's my latest progress picture of the monkey sock. I just finished the gusset decreases and now just have to continue down the foot section. As you can see, I also wound (by hand!) the 2nd hank into a ball so I'll be ready to start the 2nd sock:I received my order from The Loopy Ewe today!! Here's what I got:
I didn't included my surprise gift item in the picture because I like to be surprised when I get my package and I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone else. The Loopy Ewe includes "fun little gifts" in your first five orders and then with your sixth order you become a "Loopy Groupie". This is my 3rd order from The Loopy Ewe. I did include my Loopy postcard and yarn samples in the picture - these were other freebies. Sheri is having a summer photo contest where you can take pictures of your Loopy postcard (or stuffed Loopy) while on vacation.

As you can see, I ordered a T-shirt, 3 colors of Panda Cotton for Summer of Socks and a notebook to organize all my sock knitting information in one place.

Here are some better pictures of the Panda Cotton:

Lacquer Red:Fall Herbs:and Roses (I think this colorway will make a fun pair of Christmas socks!):
So, here is my official sock yarn stash for Summer of Socks 2008:
That's enough to make 10 pairs!!! My goal is 8 pairs, and I'll probably be lucky if I make that, but at least this gives me some options.

And, just because I took so many pictures there, I'll leave you with another photo from Indian Echo Caverns:

No comments: