Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Monkey sock update

I started the heel flap of the monkey sock last night! It seems to be the right size this time, so hopefully I will soon have a complete sock. I hope to finish the heel flap tonight and maybe even turn the heel.

Since I have no other exciting knitting news right now, I'll leave you with some more Indian Echo Cavern pictures:
The picture below is towards the beginning of the cavern (they actually walk you past it towards the end of the tour). You walk up a staircase and when you get to the top, there is this little lake to the right. I believe it had a name, but I can't remember:
The final picture for today is also near the entrance to the cave, and we visit this area at the end of the tour. This is where "The Pennsylvania Hermit" lived the last 19 years of his life. He kept a journal and stayed in this area of the caverns during the winter, lighting a fire to keep warm. Thus, you will notice all the black soot in this area of the cavern.

Perhaps my next post will include a picture of a completed red wool monkey sock!

No comments: