Saturday, May 24, 2008

Magic Loop

I signed up for a Magic Loop Socks class at yarn-love yesterday! It's in July and I'm really looking forward to it. This will be my first knitting class. Until now I have taught myself from books and the internet.

Magic Loop is a method of knitting socks on one long (40 inch) circular needle. It should be interesting to learn. From what I have read on blogs and Ravelry, a lot of people really love this method once they try it.

I also bought some black Maizy yarn at yarn-love. Sorry, no picture yet, but it's black so I think you can picture it. ;-)

I am planning on going to the infamous Oh Susanna yarn shop in Lancaster today. I have not been there since I was just starting to knit, so I have a better idea of what I'm looking for this time. She has a LOT of yarn in that store!!

And since I just can't have a blog post with no pictures, I will show you my first "Sensational Knitted Socks" sock that I knit from the acrylic yarn (discussed in this post). I found it in a box when I was gathering my sock yarn stash.
I think I'm going to buy some sock blockers from The Loopy Ewe so I can stop taking pictures of my feet all the time! They would be a bit of a splurge, but I love the cute sheep at the top!

No comments: