Wednesday, March 4, 2009

a little crochet... a little knitting progress

Day 4 of the freeform crochet project: D is for Drop

My thought process was: Drop... rain drops... rainbows... I chose some rainbow colored cotton yarn from the stash (well, multi-colored anyway) and crocheted a ruffle along the other half of my circle:
03.04.09 001

Note to self: the next time I do freeform crochet, I really need to get away from just going round and round in a circle! :-) But, that's ok!

If you have access to ravelry, be sure to check out all the other amazing freeform projects that everyone is creating. We're having a lot of fun with this! It's not too late to pick up a crochet hook and play along!!

The main reason I am not investing more time in my Freeform crochet project is because I am still diligently working on my first harika sock which I love! I have finished the gusset decreases (all in pattern, mind you! This was a first for me!) - luckily the chart was really clear and easy to follow - and now I just have to finish knitting the rest of the foot and the toe. And a second sock...

But, here's where I'm at right now:
03.04.09 002

close-up:
03.04.09 003

No comments: