Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy NatCroMo!!!!

March is National Crochet Month! Last year, I participated in a Freeform Crochet-along and ended up with this lovely piece of "artwork":

4.2.08 004

Very strange looking, I know, but it was a lot of fun!

This year, Kaet has come up with a new Freeform CAL and I am going to participate and try to blog regularly since I have a blog now! She will be posting daily clues on her blog here and also on Ravelry in the Crochet Month Party Group.

This year's instructions have a more inspirational theme rather than rule-following like last year.

The March 1st instruction was simply "A is for Apple" and we are to use this as inspiration to choose either our hook, yarn or pattern. Hmmm...

Apple made me think of red, so I got out some red yarns from my stash and also gathered my crochet hooks. Loopy also wanted to help (he claims he hasn't been getting enough blog time lately...):

03.01.09 001

After taking the picture, inspiration struck!
03.01.09 002

My N crochet hook was red, and I really liked crocheting with two different yarns held together during last year's free-form crochet-along, so I went and got some green yarn out of the stash (apples are also green!!):
03.01.09 004

and thus begins my March 2009 freeform crochet project:
03.01.09 005
The yarn I have started with is Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton in Red and Lion Brand Microspun yarn in "Leaf". Since I had no pattern to follow, I just formed a chain into a circle and then double-crocheted into the circle until I could join my last stitch to my first stitch.

No comments: