Thursday, March 12, 2009

J, K, and a finished harika sock!!

I have two days of progress to share for my freeform crochet:
03.12.09 003

J is for Jam - I crocheted a splotch of grape jam with some purple cotton yarn I found in my stash that was called "Grape" - perfect!

K is for Knowledge - when I first read this I was stumped, but as I started thinking about it, I thought of using some grey yarn to represent grey matter, and then I thought... why not crochet a little brain! So, I did (or attempted to anyway).

I also finished my first harika sock!!! The toe is complete:
03.12.09 007

It could look better, but at least the socks fit. I had to decrease on every round, so it isn't the prettiest toe, but I'm still happy with how the sock turned out:
03.12.09 006

03.12.09 004

I wish I could get the photos to show the colors in the lighter yarn, but it seems to appear grey in the photos. I guess the contrast is just too high.

I started the 2nd sock last night and my goal is to finish it by the end of March. Time to get knitting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like those socks!