Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2009!! I hope it is a good year for everyone.

January also means that it's time for a new mystery sock pattern! I knit my swatch last night:
I love it! I used some leftover Periwinkle Panda Cotton and the Miyuki seed beads that I got for my bead class at KDO but hadn't used yet and they are so nice to work with! Very consistent and easy to place with a crochet hook (I love how nice and neat the beads sit when you place them with a crochet hook). :-)

So, I think I need to get some more beads to complete this project, but I'm definitely going to get started on it.

The first clue of the pattern is available on Ravelry here.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to knit the mystery socks with the Caribbean Blue Panda Cotton in my stash:
I have also signed up for the new KAL's on the Carefree blog - they are having a UFO KAL to finish our unfinished projects and a 52 week challenge to complete one project each month in 2009. Great motivation (and they're always generous with prizes) so sign up while there are still spots open!



I also have another Christmas knitting project to share, although I had posted pics of these while I was knitting since my Dad doesn't read my blog.

This is my Dad:
And this is my Dad modeling his new hand-knit fingerless mitts (longer, by request, than his previous grey ones):
Any questions?? :-)

No comments: