Thursday, December 18, 2008

Socktopus update! 5 down... 3 to go!


5 legs of the socktopus are complete! For some reason, the legs are not all going the same direction, but oh well! I must have reversed how I was picking up the stitches on some of them. The striped leg is leftover Wick yarn from the socks I knit awhile ago. Very nice and neat to work with! The lavender sock is leftover from some crocheted baby blankets and the light blue sock is Denim Style left over from one of the hats I knit for KDO in September. I like the scrunchy effect I got from the alternating knit and purl rounds as the pattern suggested.

Here's a close-up of the 3 most recent sock legs:
Shelby says "Why don't you show everyone the fingerless gloves that you finished??":
"Here, I will sniff them to make sure they are ok":
"These gloves are boring... they don't have squeakies in them or anything!":
Well, hopefully my Dad will like his new, longer fingerless mitts:
They look almost black in some of these pictures, but they are hunter green. I'm happy with how they turned out!

No comments: