Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas update

Here's the photo of my first completed Tofutsies sock and as you can see, I have already cast on for the second one:
I had finished knitting the gusset decreases long ago, but in two days I finished the whole foot section and toe! It was nice to have hours to knit on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I wonder how long it will take me to knit sock #2...

I received some yarn as a Christmas gift!!! :-)

I got this:
and this:
The colorful Woobies Wool yarn is 100% British Blue Faced Leicester Fingering Weight Yarn. It's really soft!!! I can't wait to find a project for it. The colorway is called "Anasazi's Sunset".

The other yarn does not have labels, but with 7 skeins, I can use it the next time I find a big project that I want to take on! I usually only buy one or two skeins at a time so I never have enough yarn in my stash for a big project. Now I do!

Here's a close-up of the Tofutsies sock foot:
Also, my grand-niece really seemed to like her socktopus!
I think it's funny that she instinctively put it on her head and in the pictures with the pattern on knitty.com, the kid has it on his head in several pictures. I guess socktopuses are meant to sit on kids' heads!! :-)

No comments: