Friday, December 12, 2008

Misc. update

First, I'd like to thank all who voted for my project in the Carefree Holiday Knitalong! I was so surprised and proud to learn that my Through the Loops Mystery socks were voted the favorite project knit with Crystal Palace Yarns. Those who participated in the KAL were allowed to vote. To see the announcement, click here. I won 4 skeins of my choice of Crystal Palace Yarns and I decided to try the new Panda Superwash. It's a blend of bamboo, superwash merino and nylon. I enjoyed knitting with Panda Wool in my magic loop class and this yarn should be similar, but washable.

I am still knitting along on the 2nd fingerless mitt for my Dad. I finished the thumb increases and now just need to knit the top of the hand and the thumb and it's done. I should be able to work on that tonight!

I also have my next project planned! The new issue of knitty came out this week and as soon as I saw it, I knew I'd have to knit a socktopus!!! Be sure to click on the link to see all the cute pictures. It's a knit octopus that is wearing 8 different socks! Great way to use up some stash yarn and make a cute knit toy. If it turns out nice, I think I'll give it to my grand-niece for Christmas.

The Tofutsies sock is still lingering in a project bag. I have no motivation to continue knitting it right now, but am anxious to cast on a new pair of socks using some stash yarn! I just need to decide on a pattern. There's also another mystery sock KAL coming up in January in the SKA Ravelry group, so I may be doing that!

And since this has been a post with a lot of links, but no pictures, I will leave you with a random picture of Shelby:
This is an oldie but a goodie (this pic's actually from about 5 years ago!). As you can see, he likes to gather his toys and lay close to them. He also usually sticks his feet out when he lays down. Funny boy. :-)

No comments: