Saturday, November 8, 2008

Toe-up progress

Shelby would like to point out the progress I have made on my toe-up sock. I actually cast on another toe and tried increasing by knitting into the front and back of the stitch instead of using the M1 (make 1) increase that we were using in our class. I had much better results with this (less holes). The sock in these photos is the new and improved toe-up sock. I am probably going to frog my other toe and re-knit it. I think it may be because I'm a bit of a loose knitter; I just can't seem to avoid holes when trying to knit an M1 increase.

Here is a close-up of my first toe-up sock:
The yarn is Panda Soy in cocoa mint. This is my first Panda Soy project and I love it! It's knitting up into a very nice, soft fabric.

Shelby is bored with all this talk of toe-up sock knitting:
He's sleeping by my feet now. Have a great Saturday everyone!

No comments: