Wednesday, April 23, 2008

All Creatures Great and Small... Knit and Crochet...

I just had to post a picture of the beautiful tulips blooming in my yard right now. They're my favorite flower!

I recently found a pattern for crocheted Loch Ness Monsters - "Nessie" - and just had to make a batch of them! At first, I followed the pattern, and came up with the following two:
But, I wanted them to be bigger, so I held two strands of worsted yarn together and used a bigger hook, and came up with these:
It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but I am using the same book for reference in the photos.

They were a lot of fun to make! And my friends who requested them when I showed them the pattern are happy with the results. I will probably make more in the future, because they are quick (I can make one in an evening) and I like quick projects.

Last night, I wanted a small, quick project so I decided to knit a snail from a pattern I found online. Isn't he cute?

I put a quarter in the picture for reference. He's a wee little thing! I'm sure I'll make more of these too. I need to get the shell to spiral more. I think I stuffed it too much and it just barely curves around. I'll have to work on this as I make more little snails.

I'll leave you with another tulip picture:
I'm so happy that it's spring! I love the warm, sunny weather and long days!

No comments: